Claim this page for your business.Learn More
BAYLOR BEACH PARK
Sarah Helen Baylor had a cottage at Myers Lake in Canton, Ohio. A gentlemen, who owned a swimming lake called “the Beachcomber” located on 6 acres of land, 1 ½ miles south of Brewster, Ohio, approached Sarah in 1953 about purchasing her cottage at Myers Lake. After much discussion, Sarah not only sold her cottage to the gentlemen but, also, acquired the Beachcomber property. The Beachcomber was re-opened the following summer, but do to it’s poor reputation, had little success.
In 1955, Sarah Baylor’s son, Jack M. Baylor and his wife, Pauline, re-named the facility Baylor Beach and started construction of a home on the property adjacent to the lake. At that time Jack was working full time as the purchasing agent for E.W. Bliss Company in Canton and had in addition to his wife, four children: Sally, Jim, Jack & Bill. In 1956 the house was completed and Jack, along with his wife Pauline and children took over the running of Baylor Beach on an everyday basis. At that time there was a small lake, a bath house, a diving stand and 6 acres of mud and weeds. Starting in 1956 and continuing through the next 3 decades, Jack, Pauline & the children ran the beach.
Visit our website : https://www.baylorbeachpark.com
Contact Us :
Baylor Beach Park,
Inc. 8777 Manchester Ave. S.W. Navarre,