Thomas Iacono, the founder of Tommy’s Pizza, was a first generation American whose family immigrated from Italy. He grew up in New York City before moving to central Ohio. In 1952, Tommy opened his first restaurant here in Columbus on Fifth Ave near Cassidy Ave. In 1963 he opened up a second location in Upper Arlington off Lane Ave. At first the Upper Arlington location was just a small stand near the road and after a few years, he opened the store that stands there today. Offering a full menu we were first known as simply “Tommy’s Restaurant”. The name changed once the pizza business started to take off.
A third store serving the eastern part of the city opened shortly after on South Hamilton Rd. In the late 1970’s Tommy’s opened up the store on The Ohio State University campus. Finally in the mid 1980’s he opened a fifth location in the growing community of Dublin.
Tommy’s Pizza continues the tradition started by Tommy in 1952. We are the second oldest pizza restaurant in the city with over 60 years of serving Central Ohio. Today we are looking to the future and will continue to make the best pizza in Columbus!