Heggy’s Nut Shop
Harry Heggy was the original owner of Harry’s Nut House on East Tuscarawas St. in downtown Canton during the late 1930’s and early 1940’s. It was a small restaurant that also sold fresh roasted nuts and his brother Ben’s chocolates. Ben was the founder of the Ben Heggy Candy Co. which is still located at its original location on Cleveland Avenue in Canton.
In 1950, his son Bill (pictured below) decided to carry on in his father’s footsteps and invited Bob Weber, a past employee at Harry’s Nut House, to be his partner. Bill and Bob opened Heggy’s Nut Shop at the present site, 3200 West Tuscarawas.
Heggy’s soon attracted a large group of loyal customers with their homemade soups, fresh ground steak-burgers, coney’s with homemade sauce, buttered french fries and homemade ice cream. In fact, the ‘50’s style restaurant operates today almost unchanged. The keys to their success still work, all menu items were homemade from quality ingredients for freshness and taste, cutting their own meat and making the ice cream weekly with top quality cream from area dairies.
Of course the tantalizing aroma of nuts being roasted fresh daily right inside the front door also kept people coming back. As did the homemade buttery caramel corn, peanut brittle and Ben Heggy’s handcrafted Chocolate candy. Both Bob and Bill have passed away, leaving the business to be run by trusted employees. All of the original Heggy’s recipes, tradition of quality and friendly service are still being enjoyed by our many customers today.
Visit our website > https://heggysnutshop.com/
Contact us :
3200 West Tuscarawas Street in Canton,